Information for parents
Whanganui Intermediate is committed to providing a stimulating learning environment for your child. Ten to fourteen year olds experience more growth, both emotionally and physically, than at any other time in their lives.
Term 1: Feb 7 to April 12
Term 2: April 29 to July 5
Term 3: July 22 to Sep 27
Term 4: Oct 14 to Dec 20
Office Opening Hours
Monday to Friday 8.30am and 3.30pm.
- 8.45am Start of day
- 9.00am Block 1
- 10.30am Morning Tea
- 11.00am Block 2
- 12.30pm Lunchtime Eating
- 12.45pm Lunch break
- 1.20pm Block 3
- 2.50pm Homeroom
- 3.00pm End of day
Late to school
Students arriving after 8.45 must sign in at the office before making their way to class.
Absent from school
Please inform school of any student absence: by leaving a message on the school phone or by sending an email.
Message must include student name, home room number and reason for absence.
Leaving during the school day
Students leaving during school hours must be signed out by an adult at the school office.
Food at school
- Water only
- All food scraps and rubbish is sent home
- Lunch order in homeroom between 8.45am and 9.00am
- Canteen open 10.40am to 10.50am - 12.45pm to 1.15pm Click Here for the Menu and Prices
School Restructure 2019
2019 will see our school restructured to ensure maximum class sizes of 24–25 students with teachers specialising in areas of experience, interest and passion.
More Information pending....
Our school policies and procedures are available online.
- Go to www.schooldocs.co.nz
- Click Search for your school.
- Start typing the school’s name and then select it from the dropdown list.
- Enter the community username ( whanganui-int) and password (dublin)